2008年5月27日火曜日

Lazy jack 2

Lasy Jackhttp://storynory.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/lazyjack.jpg


spoiled,matted
Context: By the time he got home the cheese was completely spoiled, part of it being lost, and part matted with his hair.

spoil
Definition: a spoiled person, especially a child, is rude and behaves badly because they have always been given what they want and allowed to do what they want

matted with
Definition:matted hair or fur is twisted or stuck together in a thick mass



scratch
Context:Tommy scratched him so much that he was forced to let it go.
Definition: to cut someone's skin slightly with your nails or with something sharp

silly,fellow
Context:When he got home, his mother said to him,"You silly fellow.

silly
Definition: not sensible, or showing bad judgment

fellow
Definition: a man


string, dragged
Context:You should have tied it with a string and dragged it along after you.

string
Definition: a strong thread made of several threads twisted together, used for tying or fastening things


dragged
Definition: to pull something along the ground, often because it is too heavy to carry

hired, butcher
Context: The next day jack hired himself to a butcher.

hire
Definition: to pay money to borrow something for a short period of time

butcher
Definition: some one who owns or works in shop that sells meat



nincompoop
Context: You nincompoop.
Definition: a stupied person

donkey, hoist
Context:He found some difficulty in hoisting the donkey on his shoulders.

donkey
Definition:a grey or blown animal like a horse, but smaller and long ears


hoist
Definition:to raise, lift, or pull up something, especially using ropes

deaf,dumb
Context:Now it happened that in a house along his way there lived a rich man with his only daughter, a beautiful girl, but unfourtunately deaf and dumb.

deaf
Definition: physically unable to hear anything or unable to hear well

dumb
Definition:unable to speak, because you are angry, surprised, shocked etc

burst
Context:she burst out into a great fit of laughter, and immediately recovered her speech and hearing.
Definition: If something bursts or if you burst it, it breaks open or apart suddenly and violently so that its contents come out



It takes about four hours. Tool:英辞郎, Longman Online Dictionaly
This story is very very funny. I used to read like that. But this story's hero is "Lasy Jack".
First, I think that jack's mother is very poor. But end, LASY is help for beautiful girl! It's mirracle! I will read my young brother. Maybe my brother like this story, too.I enjoyed it. I think that if I hate my part, it would help for someone. This story is not real. But it is a lesson for me. And I studied many wards. One acceptation have many wards. For example, stupied, silly, nincompoop and so on. I found these storynory aren't use same wards. Any way I like happy end story :D

3 件のコメント:

Kirk Masden さんのコメント...

Good job! I can tell that you are working hard.

I hope this way of studying is helping you.

yuri さんのコメント...

>kirk masden
Thank you for coment!
Yes,I hope so,too.
I enjoy to study it is help me.
Bit by bit I think that I become proficient in English.

I will do best.

Kirk Masden さんのコメント...

Great!!